FOCUS AREA OF APS
As a regional level NGO & AIDS Service Organization of North East India , the society is committed to fight the spread of HIV/AIDS &STDs and improve the overall health status of the people in the region and undertake massive Harm Reduction Programs for Drug users.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF OPERATION
- Targeted Intervention Programmers for slowing down the epidemic of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B & C and other Blood Borne Infections in North East India among Injecting Drug Users (emphasizing Harm Reduction), Sex Workers, MSM , Truck Drivers, Migrant & Mobile Population & Street Children
- Comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention programmes in the community & Care & Support Programmes for People Living With HIV / AIDS (PLWHA)
- Policy & Advocacy towards access to essential medicines in the North East India & access to OI & ART medicines for PLWHA
- Reproductive and Child Health Programmes (RCH) and MCH. Implement Reproductive Health programs ( RCH), strengthen Mother & Child Health programs, address child labor, child marriage , population control through small family norms, prevent trafficking of women and children, violence against women & children & health programs for Women, Children, Youth & Students.
- Women, Children, Youth & Students, Street Children – development & health programmes including education , skill development and employment generation for them in collaboration with the Government
- Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission ( PPTCT) of HIV & expanding VCTC services in the region
- Widows, Orphans & those affected by the AIDS epidemic
- AIDS Vaccine Initiative & Resource Centre for HIV/AIDS information dissemination including research on HIV/AIDS/STD issues
- Infectious & Communicable Disease prevention & related public health programmes on Non Communicable Diseases ( NCDs)
- To create collaboration between TB and HIV programmes, reduce the burden of TB among people living with HIV and the burden of HIV among TB patients.
- Research and Training on Communicable and non-communicable diseases ( NCDs) including lifestyle diseases.