OBJECTIVES OF AIDS PREVENTION SOCIETY :
- Improve the overall health status of disadvantaged, poor & marginalized population in North East India
- Prevent HIV/AIDS /STDs – building awareness of HIV infections & promote safe and responsible behavior in the community
- Expand VCTC services & provide HIV/AIDS treatment education & provide Care & Support to PLWHA ( People Living With HIV/AIDS ) without stigma
- Prevent Infectious & Communicable Diseases & address related public health programmes on Non-Communicable Diseases ( NCDs) , Alcoholism and Tobacco consumptions.
- To create collaboration between TB and HIV programmes, reduce the burden of TB among people living with HIV and the burden of HIV among TB patients.
- Research and Training on Communicable and non-communicable diseases ( NCDs) including lifestyle diseases.
- Implement Reproductive Health programs ( RCH), strengthen Mother & Child Health programs, address child labor, child marriage , population control through small family norms, prevent trafficking of women and children, violence against women & children & health programs for Women, Children, Youth & Students
- Conduct AIDS Research & collaborate in AIDS Vaccine Initiatives
- Develop & maintain APS’s human resources, physical infrastructures and organizational systems
- Make Advocacy for sound AIDS related public policy and individual rights & policy on access to essential medicines
- Foster community through human connection and advocate supportive environment for people living with HIV/AIDS and those affected by the epidemic & establish & promote networks in the region
- Address Harm Reduction for Drug users, massive drugs awareness programmes for youths, Students, Women’s groups , teachers, parents, community leaders, political groups , law enforcement and different defense services.